Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Hate You, Shane Battier!

People say Shane Battier is a great guy. They say he's a model citizen and a true role model. Word is that he's the perfect teammate and a coaches dream. He's willing to do all the dirty work on the court, like taking charges. Damn, he can take a hit and flop on the ground like no one else.... except for Chuck Hayes, he's also supremely effective at taking a charge. I guess, he is just the guy that anyone would want on their team. Anyone, except for me.

I hate Shane Battier!

I hate him because Jeff Van Gundy and Carol Dawson thought he was the missing piece to a Rocket's championship, and they traded a super athletic supremely talented 19 year old, Rudy Gay, for him.

I hate him because he is so limited in his offensive repertoire that he is only capable of hitting a jump hook or a spot up three.

I hate him because he is shooting a phenomenal 41% from the field and 39% from three.

I hate him because he is the worst third scoring option on any team in the league.

I hate him because he is averaging a tremendous 8.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game this season.

I hate him because he is starting along side Chuck Hayes, who is amazingly even more offensively defective.

I hate him every time he takes a charge the announcers talk about how great Shane is at doing the little things.

I hate him because T-Mac is going to miss at least a month of the season with another injury, and the Rockets could really use a gifted scoring guard like... Rudy Gay.

I hate him because I was so thrilled and excited when I saw Rudy Gay slip to the Rockets at number 8 in the 2006 draft, and minutes later I find out they traded him away to the Grizzlies (along with Stromile Swift).

I hate him because Rudy Gay is averaging 19.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists, while shooting 47% from the field, in his second year.

I hate Shane Battier because of the fact that the Rockets mortgaged their future for him, thinking he would bring a Championship back to Houston, and they still have not won a first round playoff series.

Shane, I hated you the night of the draft day trade in 2006 when you came to Houston and my hatred only increases each time that I watch Rudy Gay put 25 plus points on any given team in the league.

My anger increases when I watch you face Rudy in a head to head match-up, only to see Rudy throw down a vicious dunk on your nonathletic ass!

I hate you because you are such a nice guy and it makes people blind as to how worthless you really are on the basketball court.

Simply put, I hate you Shane Battier and I always will.

No comments: